Olive Leaf Extract has been shown to help regulate the body’s immune response and has potential activity against the influenza virus.
The olive leaf has been used as a health remedy for many centuries, dating back to the Ancient Egyptians. The Bible references the use of olive leaf in medicine – “the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.” Over the past 10 years, research has shown that olive leaf extract has an affect against many different infections. See olivewellnessinstitute.org/olive-leaf/olive-leaf-extract
Olive Leaf Extract has a naturally bitter taste due to the high levels of antioxidants. Try this smoothie recipe to try and mask this flavour and help you consume your daily dose of olive leaf.
- 1 Frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao powder or chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup of a2milk
- Daily dose of Olive Leaf Extract (liquid)
- Pinch of cacao nibs and banana slices to garnish
- * Add more or less milk/water depending of preferred consistency
Blend all ingredients together until smooth – SIMPLES
CACAO AND BANANA SMOOTHIE Recipe by Abby Dolphin, Naturopath