Chicken Soup for the Soul is my go to meal when I’m needing something to sooth me in the winter months and cleanse me when I’m feeling run down. Its like a bowl of motherly goodness when in need! This is not only quick it is also so simple to throw together.
- 2 x 200 Grams soba noodles
- 1 litre homemade chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 250 grams chicken fillet
- 2 TBS coriander leaves, picked
- 1 TSP sesame oil
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 2 TBS shao hsing wine (chinese cooking wine)
- In a saucepan, simmer stock with garlic, carrots and chicken. Once chicken is poached and cooked through (approximately 15 minutes) remove chicken from the stock, set aside to cool, then shred.
- Add to the stock the soy, sesame oil and shao hsing wine. Stir to mix through.
- Boil a separate saucepan of water and cook the noodles for 3 minutes or as per the packet instructions. Drain and portion into 4 soup bowls.
- Share the shredded chicken between the 4 bowls, placing on top of the noodles.
- Pour the hot stock over the noodles and chicken. Sprinkle with the coriander leaves and sooth your soul.
Recipe by Food Envy Catering