Taste naughty but oh so nutritionally nice….AND Gluten free and Dairy Free and Low Sugar. WINNING!
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE…
1 cup of brown rice flour
1 cup of all-purpose gluten free flour
1 cup of almond meal
1.5 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. each of all spice, cinnamon and nutmeg OR 3 tsp Chia Spice
1 tsp. sea salt
6 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar if it is what you have)
½ cup of cocoa nibs
¼ cup raisins or chopped dates
3 tablespoons butter or ghee
3 tablespoons coconut oil
¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
3 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds
1 tables of chia seeds
1 cup of warm coconut milk
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO…
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a muffin tray with baking paper. Add some water oven proof bowl and place in the oven to create steam.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs. Add in the warm milk, orange juice and flaxseeds. Set aside to ‘set’.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in all of the dry ingredients and mix.
- Warm the butter and coconut oil (fats are sensitive to heat so keep at a medium low temp).
- Add the egg and flaxseed batter to the dry ingredients and stir. You will begin to get a dough like texture.
- Add in the zest and warm butter. You can use your hands to make sure everything is mixed well.
- Finally add in the cocoa nibs, raisins or dates.
- Gently roll into balls and transfer to your lined muffin tray.
- Bake at 180C for about 20-25 minutes.
- For the X on the top mix up 1 cup of gluten free flour and ¼ cup of coconut milk.