A comforting, hearty meal for the active family! Full of protein and rich in iron, selenium, zinc and B vitamins. Did you know Vitamin B and iron is essential for energy. Additional green vegetables provide a well balanced nutritional meal.
- 2 medium onion (large diced)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 carrots sliced and halved
- 2 stalks celery
- 8 baby potatoes, halved
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 2 kgs chuck steak (remove fat, large dice)
- 1/4 Cup rice flour
- 1/3 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 Cup tomato paste
- 2 TBS malasses
- 1 TSP sea salt
- 1 TSP freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 Litre beef stock (suggest King Island)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2-3 TBS parsley, chopped
- 180 Grams sweet potato, diced small
- 3 bunches of broccolini, stems removed
- Heat oven 170 C in fan forced oven.
- Using a oven proof pot with lid (or large frying pan) melt coconut oil and sauté onions and garlic for 2 minutes low-medium heat.
- Add carrots, celery and baby potatoes sauté for a further 3 minutes remove from pot and set aside.
- Coat chuck steak with rice flour in a plastic bag.
- In the same pot brown the meat on all sides on medium to high heat reduce heat and add sautéed vegetables back into the pot.
- Combine the red wine vinegar, tomato paste, molasses and sea salt in a bowl and add to pot.
- Add beef stock, chopped tomatoes, parsley and pepper.
- Stir in chopped sweet potato to thicken casserole.
- Place pot in pre heated oven with lid and cook for 30 minutes then reduce heat to 160 C for 1 hour stirring occasionally.