- 1 cup organic buckwheat flour
- 1 cup organic quinoa flakes
- ½ cup organic desiccated coconut
- ½ cup organic shredded coconut
- ½ cup Australian macadamias, chopped
- ¾ cup organic brown rice syrup
OR ½ cup organic raw honey
- ¾ cup organic coconut oil
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp a2milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon’s juice & zest (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and line baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine buckwheat flour, quinoa flakes, desiccated & shredded coconut, macadamias, vanilla and salt in a large bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil and syrup or honey together in a small pot over low heat.
- Combine bicarb soda and warm water to dissolve, then add this to the pot along with the lemon juice and zest (if using). Stir well.
- Remove from heat and pour the liquid over your dry mixture.
- Combine until all ingredients are evenly mixed. (If it seems too dry, add a little more water or oil until it just reaches the right consistency).
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of mixture and form into biscuits using your hands. Press down lightly onto your lined trays.
- Bake in the oven until golden (between 8-12 minutes depending how crunchy you like them!)
- Let cool for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Honest to Goodness