This One Dish Mexican Quinoa recipe is an easy, meat-free weekend meal. Simply put all of the ingredients into one pan! Who doesn’t love a one-pan wonder that is easy, tasty, and affordable! Gluten-free and vegan.
One Dish Mexican Quinoa
- 2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (white or red), diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 cup organic quinoa, rinsed well
- 400g tin organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups spinach or silver beet
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 cup organic passata
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp organic cayenne pepper (more if you like)
- 1 tsp organic ground coriander
- 2 tsp organic cumin powder
- Pink salt + black cracked pepper
- Juice of 1 lime + add more before serving if you like
- ½ cup fresh coriander
Coconut yoghurt (vegan) OR
Organic full-fat plain yoghurt/sour cream
Tortilla strips or oven cooked sweet potato chips
- Put oil in a frying pan with onion and garlic, cook until softened (a couple of minutes)
- Add the rest of ingredients except lime juice and coriander, bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer, cook for approximately 20 minutes or until quinoa is cooked and the sauce has reduced. If dish dries out simply add more water.
- When cooked stir through coriander and lime juice. Serve with your choice of toppings.