I love the taste of spicy slaw and it’s so good for you. Cabbage is a natural liver cleanser and fennel offers fibre and slight sweetness. It’s excellent for digestion.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES ♥ COOKING TIME: NIL SERVES 4
- 1/2 red cabbage, shredded
- 1/44 green cabbage, shredded 1 bunch coriander, finely chopped, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 1 carrot, peeled if necessary, grated
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and grated
- 1 jalapeno chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- juice of 3 limes
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine the cabbage, coriander, carrot, fennel, chilli and ginger in a large bowl.
- Mix the lime juice, olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl, then toss though the veggies. Sprinkle over the salt and garnish with coriander sprigs.
- Serve the slaw with a piece of grilled fish or barbecued chicken.
Another yummy essential for the menu bank from The Healthy Hormone Diet Book – grab your copy now!