Even the fussiest eaters will love this meal disguised as a muffin. Chicken thigh is higher in iron than the breast – a key mineral that underpins physical and mental energy.PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES ♥ COOKING TIME: 15 MINUTES
- Coconut oil, for greasing
- 500 g skinless chicken thigh fillets, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Large handful of baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons wheat-free fish sauce or tamari
- 3 teaspoons coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- Healthy Guacamole (see page 217 of The Healthy Hormone Diet) or Simple Spicy Slaw (see page 166)
- to serve coriander sprigs and lime wedges, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease eight holes of a muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Place the chicken, garlic, spinach, fish sauce or tamari, coconut cream and ginger in a food processor and pulse until well combined but not entirely smooth. A little texture is good.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin holes and bake for 15 minutes or until firm. Cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Serve hot or cold with the guacamole or slaw. Garnish with coriander sprigs and lime wedges.