Can snacking really be this good? These are dairy- free and gluten-free. Coconut is an excellent source of fat, a medium chain triglyceride – in fact, it is the only fat that our body sees as a source of fuel for our energy and brain power!
Prep time: 15 mins If you are a Bounty Bar lover… oh boy you are going to be happy. A perfect on-the-go snack, and sweet enough to take the edge off those sugar cravings. They make a super cute dessert, are great for potlucks, the kids will love them, AND they only take 15 minutes to make! Do I really need to convince you? Didn’t think so. (Makes 14)
- 1/4 cup of Mayver’s Almond Spread
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (or more if you are a dark chocolate lover)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, divided
- 3/4 cup pitted dates, soaked and drained (preservative free)
- 1.5tbsp Coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup
- Combine the almonds, cocoa powder and 1/4 cup of the shredded coconut together in a food processor. Process to a fine powder.
- Add the soaked dates, coconut oil and rice malt. Pulse until a dough-like consistency forms.
- Roll batter into small bite-sized balls. Then roll each ball through a bowl with the remaining coconut flakes to coat.
- Organize on a fancy plate and voilà!
- Betcha can’t eat just one.
Go to ahealthyview.com for details on the 28 Day Online Program Low Sugar Lifestyle