An easy loaf with added fibre for an on-the-go breakfast or snack. Delicious slightly warmed or served with a pat of butter & chia jam.
Banana, Coconut & Oat Bread
Serves: 1 Loaf
Prep: 70 mins.
- 120g butter or organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup organic rapadura sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup organic rolled oats
- 1/2 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1 1/4 cup organic unbleached plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup organic coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place melted butter and sugar in a large bowl and stir until well combined. Whisk in the eggs, vanilla and mashed banana.
- Place the milk and baking soda in a separate bowl and stir until baking soda has dissolved. Gently stir into the banana mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the oats, coconut, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Create a well in the centre then pour in the banana mixture. Gently fold together until combined.
- Pour batter into the loaf tin. Sprinkle with oats if desired. Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before slicing.