These protein packed bliss balls create blood sugar stability. When our blood sugar is stable so is our mood, and our brain function. Double this recipe as they will keep for a week in a tight container. If you don’t have cashews they use any nut of your choice.
1 cup cashews
1 cup oats
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp vanilla protein powder (optional) pinch sea salt
2 tbsp rice malt syrup
2/3 cups Mayver’s nut butter of choice
2-3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
Desiccated coconut, sesame seeds, or protein powder etc for rolling the balls
1. Chop the nuts and oats in a food processor until a chunky solid mixture is formed.
2. Place nut and oat mixture in a large mixing bowl and stir through the cacao, cinnamon, protein powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the nut butter and rice malt syrup. Add this to the dry ingredients, combining with your hands .
4. Gradually add in the almond milk, you don’t want the mixture too wet, quite dry if anything, and utilise your hands to mix in.
5. Shape mixture into mini golf balls and roll in desired toppings (desiccated coconut etc).
6. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.