This delicious and easy-to-eat on the go breakfast beauty bar contains essential beauty nutrients: omega 3 to fight inflammation & moisturise skin, essential amino acids for cell regeneration, vitamins, minerals & of course fibre to help nutrient absorption and remove toxins. They are a quick and easy breakfast, lunch-box treat or mid-morning snack.
The recipe was created by Cindy Luken from luk beautifood. It's delicious and nutritious!
Organic if you can:
- 1/2 cup oats – quick
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut – fine
- 1/2 cup organic spelt flour
- 1/3 sugar (panela or rapadura – evaporated unrefined cane juice)
- 1/2 tspn baking soda
- 1/2 tspn salt flakes (crushed Maldon)
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tspn cinnamon
- 8-10 medjool dates – chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- Add dry ingredients to bowl. Mix well. Ensure dates are separated and coated in the dry mix and if you are using coconut chips – ensure they are not too big or the bars will fall apart
- Add whisked egg and (melted) oil. Stir / cut through with a knife til well combined.
- Line ‘lamington tin’ ( 9? x 13”) with unbleached baking paper and empty in mix.
- Spread mix evenly and firmly press down and into the tin. The surface will be smooth and firm.
- Cook for 30 minutes on 180C or until surface is golden brown. Check cooking half way thru and turn tray if necessary – ie you may have hot spots in your oven.
- Immediately cut the slice into bar size portions. Note it will seem a bit ‘crumbly but just press/poke back into shape – it will firm up on cooling. Leave in tin to cool.
- Once cool go over the cuts to ensure they are clean so you have individual pieces.
- Store in an airtight tub up to a week.