9 / 100
Chocolate Pecan Cake
Serves: 8 people
Prep: 2 hours
- 250 g (1 cup) whipping cream (35% milk fat)
- 200 g (7oz) dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 200 g (7oz) whole pecans, roasted
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper so the base and sides are covered.
- Place cream in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the chocolate into chunks and place in a bowl.
- Pour hot cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes so it melts.
- Stir until smooth then pour into the prepared pan. Arrange pecans on top, only using the best looking ones.
- Refrigerate until set – about 2 hours or more.