Crispy Skinned Salmon with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 4 pieces of salmon – 180g each. Pin boned, mid section and skin on
• Sea salt
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 lemon
- Prepare the salmon. Trim the belly flap from each piece of salmon. You can use this in another recipe. Allow the salmon to come to room temperature.
- Gently score the skin and pat dry. Season each piece with sea salt.
- Preheat a non stick pan over a medium heat.
- Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil into the pan. Lay the salmon skin side
down and cook gently for 7-10 mins. If you have a fish weight, press on the salmon to ensure the skin is touching the surface of the pan evenly.
- Turn the salmon to cook the top side. 1-2 mins.
- Remove from the pan. Drizzle with fresh extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and fresh black pepper. Can be eaten cold too.