Still want to get your chocolate fix this Easter but don’t want all the nasties? Why not try making your own delicious Easter Eggs to share.
- 150g organic cacao butter
- 150g organic coconut butter, melted
- 1/2 cup organic cacao powder
- 3 tbs organic maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 tsp organic vanilla powder or
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped
- Easter Egg Moulds
- create a double boiler by placing cacao butter in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering hot water.
- Pour in the maple syrup and stir frequently with a whisk until the cacao butter has completely melted down and maple has combined. Set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the melted coconut butter, cacao powder, vanilla powder and salt to the bowl. Use a whisk to stir all ingredients until well combined and it reaches a smooth, even consistency.
- Gently divide the melted chocolate into moulds, tapping the moulds on the bench to release air bubbles.
- Carefully place the mould in the freezer for at least 15 minutes, or until completely set.
We borrowed this recipe and photo from our friends at Honest to Goodness https://www.goodness.com.au