Secretly healthy blondies made with chickpeas, peanut butter and chocolate. Packed with blood sugar stabilising proteins.
1 can (15oz) chickpeas, rinsed & drained
1/2 cup all natural almond butter or peanut butter
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or honey if you’re vegan)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup vegan (or regular) chocolate chips (+ 2 teaspoons for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease 8×8 inch pan with butter.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and process until batter is smooth.
- Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips, I like to use dark chocolate because it has less sugar but it’s up to you. Note: Batter will be thick and super delicious, so you could actually just eat it on it’s own!
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out!
- Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with sea salt & cut into squares.
- Serves 16