Gingerbread Cookie made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 3 1/4 cup plain flour
• 2 tsp ground ginger
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp ground allspice
• 3/4 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
• 1/2 cup maple syrup
• 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line some trays with baking paper or use non-stick baking mats.
- Mix together 3 cups flour (sifted), spices, baking soda, baking powder & salt.
- Mix together brown sugar, maple syrup, egg & EVOO until well combined.
- Mix flour and wet mixture together and combine well.
- Coat a work surface or cutting board with the remaining flour.
- Knead the dough for 2-3 minutes.
- Roll the dough until around 1cm thick – the dough will be very sticky so you can roll between two baking paper sheets if you need to.
- Using cookie cutters, cut into desired shape. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes before decorating with royal icing!