Serves: 6 large or 12 mini muffins
Time Prep: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Made with festive organic dried fruit and nuts, these Christmas Cake Muffins will smell just like Christmas from fragrant spices of cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
3 large free-range/organic eggs
Zest of 1 orange
1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
¼ cups natural almond meal
½ cup organic Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
½ cup of organic mixed dried fruit
¼ cup slivered almonds + extra to decorate
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp organic cinnamon powder
½ tsp organic vanilla powder
¼ tsp organic nutmeg
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs with orange zest and juice.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Pour mixture into a greased muffin tray.
- Sprinkle extra slivered almonds on top and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.