- 600 g raisins, apricot, sultanas
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract or paste
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- zest and juice from 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 organic eggs
- 200 g (2 cups) ground almonds
- 50 g walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 150 C / 300 F, fan forced.
- Prepare a 20 cm round cake tin with baking paper lining the sides and the base.
- Combine dried fruit, spice, vanilla, orange zest + juice, olive oil and eggs.
- Add the almonds and walnuts and mix through.
- Spoon Christmas Cake batter into your baking tin.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Check with a skewer to see if it comes out clean, if not bake for another 30 minutes.
- Cover the top if necessary to prevent over-browning.
- Cool, then remove from the tin and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Recipe and image by our friends at The Healthy Chef