ANZAC Day is just around the corner, and to celebrate our friends at Honest to Goodness have put a whole food spin on this timeless and delicious Aussie favourite (modified by Michele Chevalley Hedge). These are made using their awesome ‘5 Grain Goodness’ blend, which provides slow-burning carbohydrates as well as protein, so you can satisfy a sweet craving whilst nourishing your body!
– 1 cup organic wholemeal spelt flour
– 1 cup organic 5 Grain Goodness
– 1 cup organic desiccated coconut
– 3/4 cup organic coconut sugar
– 1/2 cup organic sultanas
– pinch sea salt
– 3/4 cup organic coconut oil
– 2 tbsp organic raw honey
-1/4 tsp baking soda
– 1 tbsp boiling water
1. Preheat your oven to 150 degrees and line baking trays with baking paper.
2. Combine spelt flour, 5 grain mixture, desiccated coconut, coconut sugar, sultanas and sea salt in a large bowl.
3. Melt the coconut oil and honey together in a small pot over low heat.
4. Combine bicarb soda and warm water to dissolve, then add this to the coconut oil and honey. Mix well.
5. Remove from heat and pour the liquid over your dry mixture.
6. Combine until all ingredients are evenly mixed and a dough that can stick together is formed. If too dry, add a little more water or oil until it reaches the right consistency.
7. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of mixture and form into biscuits using your hands. Press down lightly onto your lined trays
8. Bake in the oven until nice and golden around the edges (Between 20-30 minutes, depending on how crunchy you like them!)
9. Let cool for about 30 minutes and enjoy!