What makes these lamingtons so tasty but nutritionally nice. I use a a good quality dark chocolate like Lindt (above 70% is low sugar) to ice them. We use macadamia nut oil when we are making a sponge because it gives it a richer flavour but you can use coconut oil, ghee or butter. We also use fresh strawberries because they are yum, full of Vitamin C, and super low in sugar. These little beauties are light, gluten free, and low sugar!
Ingredients – Cake:
6 eggs (organic if possible)
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup of macadamia nut oil, hazelnut oil, coconut oil, butter, or ghee (your choice)
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 teaspoons baking power (gluten free)
1 cup fresh strawberries
1 cup shredded coconut (no sulphites pls)
Ingredients – Icing:
100 g dark chocolate (70% or more)
100 ml coconut milk
Method – Cake:
- In a bowl, whip your eggs really well, then add vanilla and maple syrup and continue whipping while you add in the oil. Whip for at least 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix until everything is mixed well.
- Spread into a greased or lined 22 cm pan and toss the chopped strawberries on top.
- Cook on 160 degrees for 35 minutes.
- After it cools then ice.
Method – Icing:
- Heat the coconut milk in a small pan – but do not boil.
- Add the chocolate and allow to sit for 2 minutes without stirring.
- Stir until it looks creamy.
- Dip each lamington square into the chocolate then the coconut.
- Let is set, enjoy Lamington Lover!