- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 x 200g package tempeh, sliced into strips
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 drops of liquid stevia
- 2 cups blanched spinach
- dash of sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Blanch the kale: Place in boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place the kale in a bowl of ice water. Drain well.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, ginger, cumin, Italian seasoning, and stevia in a small bowl. Add tempeh strips and marinate for 1 hour - up to 5 hours.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tempeh strips and cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for another 2 minutes, or until both sides of the tempeh slices are brown.
- Once tempeh has browned, add blanched kale and the pre-used lemony garlic mixture. Stir to coat. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add salt and ground pepper to taste and serve