There is so much I love about this salad, from the beetroot with betalains that promote liver detoxification, to the protein- and iron-rich lentils. The abundant fibre is excellent for removing toxins.
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES ♥ COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES SERVES 4
- 4 beetroot, peeled and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 x 400 g tins lentils, drained and rinsed
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup baby rocket
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
THE HOW TO…
- Place the beetroot in a medium saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the lentils, spring onion, mint and rocket in a bowl. Gently fold in the beetroot and season to taste.
- To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a small food processor and blend until smooth. Gently toss through the salad and serve.