¼ cup olive oil
45g butter (or guee)
2 onions diced
3 carrots diced
3 sticks of celery diced
250g of potatoes
2 zucchinis diced
¼ cabbage thinly sliced or grated
90g green beans stringed and cut
1 ½ ltrs of water
Vegetable stock cubes (or home-made stock)
2 x 400g whole peeled tomatoes
1 cannellini beans
6 bacon rashes, remove fat, cut into small pieces and lightly sauté (optional)
Salt and pepper
1. Lightly sauté onions, carrots, celery, potatoes.
2. Add stock, canned tomatoes – bring to boil then turn down to a simmer.
3. Add zucchini, green beans, cabbage and season with salt and pepper – simmer on low for 1 hour.
4. Add cannellini beans and bacon the last 15 minutes
5. Serve with shaved parmesan cheese and sourdough bread