- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 large sweet potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- ½ cup pitted olives, coarsely chopped
- 1kilos bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
Preheat 180 degrees.
Combine oil, oregano, thyme, garlic, pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the herb mixture to a medium bowl. Add potatoes and olives and stir to coat.
Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Rub with the remaining herb mixture.
Scatter the potatoes and olives in a baking pan.
Place the chicken on top of the potatoes and olives and tuck in lemon wedges.
Bake until the potatoes are browned – approx 40 to 45 minutes. Carefully squeeze the lemon wedges over the chicken.
Serve the chicken and vegetables topped with a big splash of extra virgin oil from @cobramestate and feta and more oregano and thyme, if desired.