Serves: Approximately 125 biscuits
Time Prep: 2 hours
Cook Time: 40-50 minutes
Soft in the middle but crisp on the edges, these Organic Gingerbread Biscuits are perfectly spiced for some classic holiday goodness! Get baking - these are delicious all year round.
3 cups organic unbleached white flour
3 tsp organic ground ginger
2 tsp organic ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp organic ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp organic ground cloves
1/4 tsp Himalayan rock salt, fine
3/4 tsp bi-carb soda
125g organic unsalted butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup organic rapadura sugar
1/2 cup organic molasses
1 free-range egg
- Mix together the flours, spices, salt & baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the butter & rapadura until light and fluffy.
- Add the molasses and egg to this bowl, beat together until you have consistent colour and texture.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing well as you go.
- Once all the ingredients are blended together wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Line 2-3 baking trays with baking paper.
- Lightly flour your rolling pin and surface for rolling out the dough. Roll out dough mixture until it is about 1/2cm thick, cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters and place on the baking trays.
- Bake in the oven for 7-10mins or until cooked. Do your best not to overcook them! Once the biscuits start to change to a lighter colour and firm slightly it is time to remove them from the oven.
- Place on a wire rack to cool completely before putting in an airtight container for storage.
- Depending on what shapes you make, you can decorate these with icing if you like or just eat as is.