Sinful taste … but healthy! Dark Chocolate is melted with coconut oil, poured into moulds, snuggled up with creamy almond butter, and sprinkled with pink sea salt.
*You will need a peanut-butter cup mould for this recipe!
1 cup dark chocolate 70% – 85% (we like Lindt or Well Naturally)
1 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp of Mayver’s Almond Butter
Pink sea salt or other large-grain sea salt
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Using a spoon, delicately fill the bottom of the peanut butter cup moulds 1/4 of the way full with melted chocolate (do not overfill – less is more in this step).
- Pop the mould in the fridge for 5 minutes to begin to set.
- Melt the almond butter in the microwave in a glass for 15-30 seconds or just long enough to soften.
- Remove the mould from fridge and use a spoon to drop 1 tsp dollops of almond butter in the centre of each mould.
- Top with another spoonful of chocolate to cover almond butter.
- Sprinkle top of almond butter cups with sea salt and refrigerate for 20 minutes to set.
- Turn mould upside down and pop almond butter cups out of mould.
- Enjoy! Store leftovers in fridge.