This was hands down the best soup I have ever made. The perfect starter for a cold winters night or for a lighter lunch. There are only 6 ingredients and this is so simple and should be done once per week in all houses for the addition of satiating veggies so you don’t want any sugary nibbles after dinner. What was the secret weapon in this soup? Roasting the pumpkin in coconut oil first.
- 750g of pumpkin (roughly 1/2 a pumpkin)
- bunch of coriander
- 2 thai chillies
- 4 cups of stock
- 1 can of coconut milk
- coconut oil (to roast pumpkin in)
- Chop pumpkin, coat in coconut oil and roast for about 40 minutes.
- In a large soup pot, add the cooked pumpkin, the root of a bunch of coriander, two thai chilli, 4 cups of stock, 1 can of coconut milk.
- Simmer, do not boil, for about 15 minutes, whiz with a soup wand.
Unreal and easy to swap the pumpkin for sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower and have another winter delight.
Recipe by A Healthy View www.ahealthyview.com.