There is nothing like corn bread fresh from the oven, still hot & deliciously nutty, just like warm sunshine. Perfect for lunch boxes, morning or afternoon low sugar snack. Packed with protein from eggs, almond meal & chia, they are great at sustaining energy throughout the day. Almonds provide healthy fats, aids in weight loss, stabilises blood sugar, assists with good brain function, reduces heart attack risk, alkalises the body, helps build strong bones & teeth. The eggs are high is essential vitamins and minerals. Cornmeal assists in preventing heart disease, diabetes & some cancers. The chia helps you feel full after eating, great for weight loss & is loaded with Omega-3, fantastic for the brain.
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 1/2 cup Almond meal or ground pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free all purpose flour or buckwheat flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/3 cup Chia
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Dry onion flakes
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary finely chopped
- 100 grams Coconut oil or butter
- 3/4 cup A2 milk
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 3/4 cup Cheese grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Grease muffin tin.
- In mixing bowl combine cornmeal, almond meal, flour, baking powder, salt, chia, rosemary, nutritional yeast and onion.
- In a separate bowl whisk the coconut oil, milk, eggs, syrup and half the cheese and blend well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry – combine with a large spatula using no more than 15-20 strokes
- Spoon batter into muffin tin and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place pan in centre of oven and bake for 25 mins or until golden and springy to touch.
- Cool in pan for 5 mins before transferring to cooling rack.
Recipe created by Simone Kopkas at A Healthy View email@example.com