Cleanse Liver, Cleanse Your Liver
Six Ways To Cleanse Your Liver
- Spice things up with turmeric – Turmeric helps protect the liver against toxins and can help prevent damage to liver cells. Add turmeric to soups and casseroles, or to hot water to create a spice tea.
- Go green – Green tea is loaded with antioxidants including catechins, which help prevent fat accumulation and promote liver function.
- Befriend onion and garlic – These contain sulfur compounds that help detoxify the liver.
- Sidestep alcohol and fructose – These are hard on the liver. Fructose is converted into fat that is stored in the liver. In excess, it can lead to NAFLD.
- Go nuts for walnuts – These contain high levels of the amino acid L-arginine and the sulfur-containing antioxidant glutathione, which help detoxify the liver and oxygenate the blood.
- Eat nutritious food – Eating whole foods cleans up the liver. Nutrients support the body’s natural detoxification system. Eat broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage and cauliflower. Some liver-cleansing supplements contain broccoli. Why not just eat broccoli itself?