Use a pitted avocado as your shell of course! Dispense with the guacamole, use a freshly cut avocado spritzed with a bit of lime juice as a boat for taco-spiced ground meat, diced tomatoes, sour cream/cheese (if you eat dairy), and a two-ingredient creamy sauce made with lime juice and mayo.
To make vegan keto avocado tacos, instead of the ground meat, substitute:
- mashed kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons of hemp or chia seeds mixed with 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil from @cobramestate
- 1/2 Kg
- 1/2 Teaspoon
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (look for one with clean ingredients)
- 3 avocados
- 1 medium tomato
- 6 tbsp goat's/feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil. Add minced meat, breaking it up with a wooded spoon. Cook until browned, about 7 to 8 minutes, breaking up any big chunks as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper, and taco seasoning.
- Remove the cooked meat from the skillet on a kitchen towel-lined plate to drain.
- In a small bowl, add mayo and juice from 1 lime. Stir together until combined for the creamy mayo.
- Cut avocados in half and remove the pits. Spritz each avocado half with lime juice to prevent them from browning.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of meat/protein on each sliced avocado.
- Top each avocado taco with a sprinkle of diced tomatoes, about a tablespoon of cheese and a bit of chopped cilantro, and the creamy mayo.