Winter is upon us, and what better way to give your immune system a boost than the mighty turmeric?
Turmeric is renowned for its powerful medicinal properties due to the compound that provides its bright yellow hue: curcumin. The benefits of curcumin are extensive and well-documented. It is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, making this a perfect drink to have during the colder months to keep colds and flu at bay. Turmeric is fat-soluble, and thus requires the presence of dietary fats to be readily absorbed. We have used the delicious a2 Full Cream Milk in this recipe, as well as freshly cracked black pepper which contains the compound piperine, to maximise bioavailability.
- 2 cups a2 Full Cream Milk
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot and whisk until well combined
- Place on stove over a low heat
- Stir gently until hot
- Pour the turmeric milk into two cups and enjoy!