Brownie ………Well Hello Brownie! Full of nothing nasty – 100% YUM.
Just make them and do not tell anyone they are healthy, then tell us what your family says ……. this is one of 100’s of recipes in our Low Sugar Lifestyle Program.
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 2 beets, chopped
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup oats, dry (you can buy gluten free oats if desired)
- ¼ cup (27 g) chopped walnuts
- 6 pitted dates ( no preservatives)
- ¾ cup cocoa nibs
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flax and ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons (90 ml) water. Allow to rest for about 15 minutes or until ready to use.
- Peel and dice beets. Steam beets till tender.
- While the beets steam, add the oats to a food processor and process until they become the texture of flour, about 1 minute. Next, add in the walnuts and dates and blend until they are paste.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). When the beets are done steaming, drain off the water and add the beets to the food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Process for a good 3 to 5 minutes, until the entire mixture is very smooth. It should render into a thick paste.
- Coat an 8-by-8-inch (20-by-20-cm) square baking dish greased with butter or coconut oil and spoon the batter into the dish. Using a spatula, even out the top of the batter. Bake for 25 minutes, until set. Cool completely on a wire cooling rack before slicing into 9 squares. Serves 9
All of our posts reflect our philosophy at A Healthy View www.ahealthyview.com. A whole real food perspective on food and life. Extremes do not work but clean, whole, tasty and easy food choices can create a lifetime of good habits that lead to a lean, happy, and healthy person. Contact us on our website for our next Low Sugar Lifestyle program or a nutritional consult. Recipe by A Healthy View.